Sunday, November 09, 2008

Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Well, this blade cuts both ways...ha ha. Ahem.

I don't like movies like BladeRunner that have that dark film noir quality of the future.....I think the main reason that I'm such a Star Trek and Star Wars fan is that in ST, there is a utopian vision of the future; and in SW, even though the future is in question, there is always Hope.....just like the extended title to the original says, "A New Hope."

BladeRunner, Escape from NY and other movies of the kind really make me depressed......they are dark and morality is ambiguous at best.

Maybe I'm more of a black and white kind of girl....I like the good guys to be good guys and the bad guys to be bad.

I also like the moniker that one journalist used to describe the movie which I find quite apt: Blade Crawler.......what is it about so called 'cult' films that make them have to move so slow??

Take Dune for example......man, I'm lucky if I can ever make it thru one of these slow moving, future killing, spirit depressing flicks. As for Dune, it sure ain't no Tremors ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home