Sunday, November 09, 2008

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Well, I tried to watch this film again and still could not make it thru to the ending.

I did watch it at home by myself; so I understand that crowd participation is part of the whole experience....so I realize that if I saw it with a group, I most likely would not object to the openly offensive parts of the film; such as, Tim Curry's role as a transvestite from Transylvania.....which of course has a double meaning in the film since Transylvania turns out to be not the country but something altogether different.

I realize that these films are made exactly to put your brain on hold and participate in order to have fun; but I still have problems not reacting negatively to offensive elements.

Another movie that had offensive elements in it that I did watch with a group after not being able to finish by myself was PeeWee's Playhouse or whatever it was called. I watched it with a group of friends in Auburn that turned it more into an episode of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 than a stupid movie that had no plot made by a convicted pedophile wearing makeup.

I wonder what it is about being in a group that turns off our frontal lobe. Hrm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home