Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The Movie Buff Bunny's Reel Opinion

Well, my family began to go to movies every Friday about 12 years ago. We like Action best but I am more eclectic ;) at least sometimes!

I will post reviews of what I have seen this year here. Feel free to comment! (But please keep it clean and respectful :).

2005:
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Well, I love the first one and this one was an ok follow-up to the original. However, the first seemed to draw you into the characters more rather than going for gore and shock value. My poor Dad was so lost from the get-go, even though he had seen the first with me. I also had a friend who walked out within the first 15 minutes due to the gore factor.

It was interesting how they tied the two movies together; but you definately have to have seen the first one to understand what was going on with the characters. I did not like the fact that they made the heroine into a mutant but I guess it followed the premise of the first. Oh well, if you can handle the gore, it is a good action movie. And of course, with the ending, there will definately be a sequel.

** out of 5 stars


Troy:
Ok, this plodding Epic we watched for a week today ;) It took forever to get into the characters even though they were taken from Homer's Illiad. I think they were trying for the special effects rebound of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but it missed except for massing over 1000 ships and thousands of CGI soldiers.
Too long......too intertwined and twisted....too hard for some to follow.

* out of 5 stars (just because it wasn't totally boring).

1 Comments:

At February 11, 2005 at 5:50 AM, Blogger Hatfield said...

Hi Branduin!
While I didn't see either of the RE movies OR Troy, you've hit the nail on the head for the why's that we passed on them.

I do however like action films. Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning in Man on Fire blew me away! That little girl has acting chops like nobody's gonna match anytime soon. And, well hey...my wife gets the eye candy from Mr. Washington and I can appreciate his zeal for his character's actions.

So many movies, so little space!

Movies I'm looking forward to this spring/summer:
War of the Worlds: Here comes Dakota again! Is there an 'A-list' leading man this girl HASN'T worked with?!
The Batman prequal I'm forgetting the title, but it will tell the tale of why millionaire Bruce Wayne first dons the cape and cowl of the Dark Knight. Morgan Freeman should be wonderful in this!
Star Wars III Whatever they're calling this one! We see the final change as young Anakin is taken to the 'Dark Side' by the evil Palpentine...and Darth Vader is born.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home